Sunday, 18 October 2015

Halloween!!! Wooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!

Halloween is just around the corner and spooky times will run amok!  The veil between the worlds is at its thinnest at Halloween and Beltane - so be afraid! Laughing!!!

Lots of challenges about with Halloween as the theme - which is great, it really gets the juices flowing, The things for sale in the shops are so creepy as well and really cheap, and I wanted to use one of them so I chose this stupid skeleton for £1.49, and came up with this...........


The wooden ring is from robs (www.mdfman.co.uk) and its so versatile.  First thing was to cut up some greyboard and glue it on (this means it looks like really thick crackle without the expense!), spread crackle texture paste here and there and then tear up some nappy liners (diaper liners) and glue them on.


Then I heated up the liners to make them shrink and go all blobby, sprayed the whole thing black
On the opposite side of the ring I tore up some scrapbook paper and stuck it on and when it was all dry stamped it with crackle glaze effect stamp, and also added Viva Decor Inka Golds in different colours to add some interest.

Then I sprayed up some Skulls (again from the Robster) - this time white and stamped them with the crackle glaze stamp (from Indigo Blu)
I also inked them to make them look a bit more ancient and tatty

Finally I took a plaque (mdfman again!!) and created a faux stone effect and using the Tim Holtz stamps for Halloween - stamped on the words.

Attached the skeleton and the skulls, and some black wire, and also took an old pop sock which I shredded and painted red to look like guts! Plus I put in the number 31 for the ABC challenge!




Last night we went to see Jersey Boys - which was AMAZING! Totally fantastic! and Diane has been texting me, she texted me a few moments ago and said "I expect you are spraying a skeleton or something!!"  how close to the truth can you get! laughing!  I mean its just an everyday thing isnt it - "hang on I am just spraying a skeleton!"

Thank you for visiting and I am now going to enter these into my favourite challenge blogs and they are:-








(I picked out Black and Skull!)



11 comments:

MakaArt said...

Great work! ;-)

Dorothy Donna Parker said...

Love your work! So much fun for the season. hugs, Donna

Dorothy Donna Parker said...

Thanks for joining my blog -- also joined yours. This will be fun. more hugs, Donna

sheila 77 said...

And shredding and painting an old pop sock to look like guts, that's an everyday thing too - hahaha!
Sometimes I can't believe what I'm seeing or reading when I come here.
It's brilliant.

Sara Barker said...

Cathryn, I really had such a blast reading your post, especially the part about "I'm just spraying a skeleton! Sounds like the utterances around here lately!

Anywhoo, I'm here to speak of this wonderful Halloween assemblage! I love what you've done with the background--mixed media at it's most creative! Using nappies, ha, ha, ha, ha! I must get a pack of those, because it appears you can heat them for amazing effects. I swear, I heat EVERYTHING! (We must use caution, the fumes may not be so good for us!) Using chipboard pieces to get that amazing crackle is another genius idea! Your faux stone is amazing and so are those skulls! I'm so happy you played along and put that 31 on there, too!

Thank you for joining our 31 Days of Halloween challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Pawsitively Creative said...

Oh my! This was a fantastic read and made me LOL for reals. Hehe! What an utterly awesome sauce design, from nappies to just spraying a skeleton! Wonderful aged look to the faux stone and genius way to add textures to your design. You really scored a good price on that skeleton and made great use of him. Wowzers!

Thanks for joining in wih our "31 Days of Halloween" challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz. ~Niki DT

Samra Leshinski said...

What a great Halloween decoration!!!
Thank you so much for joining our 31 Days of Halloween challenge at Anything But Cute!
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Donna B. said...

So fun!! Love the pirate skeleton. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Karen Crossen said...

Great Halloween decoration!! Love the way you used the nappy liners!! So creative! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Rachel said...

awesomely spooky home decor piece! i love your "stupid skeleton" for 1.49! what a steal! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Fantastic spookylicious art! Great textures! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Mixed Media World! Ingrid x