Friday, 18 September 2015

Because the night........

Hello! Bonjour! Hola!

Tis I!!  I have been a bad blogger!  actually I have been rather busy with the brushes, paints and paper - yes been decorating!   Oh its so lovely and I am utterly delighted, really chuffed with myself.

We are going to see "Guys and Dolls" at the Theatre, but I have never seen the film so I bought the DVD, along with "Jersey Boys" which we are going to see in about 3 weeks.  Well I have the most fabulous, melodious voice ever (not!!) - but can only remember 1 line of a song and keep singing
(ok screeching) the same line.  Diane said to me "Will you promise me one thing......." and I knew
exactly what she was going to say!!!  "Dont sing along to the songs when we go to the theatre!" Laughing!!!   Mind you I can remember years ago me and Mum went to the ballet, sat in the front row, and it was warm and they were bouncing about on the stage and Mum dropped to sleep with her mouth open!!!   The sort of sleeps you go into when you are on a train, and you wake yourself up and try and make out you were not asleep in the first place!! laughing!!!!

So the challenges are really good for this month -

Anything But Cute Challenge

This was all about taking an old or half finished project and altering it completely - so here is my original

I painted this ages ago and collaged the dress - and I changed it to this.......


First I gessoed bookprint over it, then added a clear texture paste and a white one pushed through a stencil
 Then I inked it, and also a small canvas.

Then I added Viva Decor Inka Gold in Old Gold and also glued on some Suze Weinberg beadz.
I fiddled about with it a bit more until I was happy, adding various Viva Decor Inka Golds, diluted and splattered and what not.

Then I glued on the mini canvas and melted some wax discs to give even more texture - thats the silver you can see.


The image is a victorian actress postcard, and I gessoed her first then cut it out.  The Deer ears,antlers and nose are from a country magazine.

I think I shall be on the dark side for quite some time yet!!

I entering this into the following challenges:-

Anything But Cute Challenge - Mixed Media makeover

Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes   (I always want to say altered electrics!)

Have a great weekend and thank you so much for visiting!



6 comments:

Pawsitively Creative said...

This is so cool! I love the transformation and the deer girl image is a smashing success! Hose beads and stencils add so much yummy texture to this design. Clever idea to use the small canvas! i love her nose! Wowzers!

Thanks for joining in our Mixed Media Makeover challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz. ~Niki DT

Kris said...

What a striking background, works so well with your image!!! All the best!

Samra Leshinski said...

WOW!!! Quite a transformation my dear!
Thank you so very kindly for joining our Mixed Media Makeover challenge at Anything But Cute!
Hugs,

Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Florence said...

Hola mi amiga, You have such a wonderful voice for blog land! ha ha!. Fabulous transformation.
Hugs Flo xx

Sara Barker said...

Cathryn, I can tell you had so much fun with this! What a re-make! I love that textured background in those amazing colors! That smaller canvas is just beautiful all on it's own--you used ink on that? It looks like a watercolor! What a clever idea to dress your Victorian woman as a deer! It reminds me of my friend's shadow box she made adding deer heads to human bodies and hanging portraits of humans on the walls to represent trophies. You are so creative! Thank you for joining our Mixed Media Makeover challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Lisa Winnard said...

Wow! What a change. Lovely!!! The colour is brilliant!
Thanks for playing along at Altered Eclectics.
Lisa, AEDT xxx