Monday, 27 July 2015

A card with a difference!

Hello!

I have been a bit naughty and not posted for a week, although I have been working very hard (doing nothing!).

I am going to sneek in another entry for Country View Challenge On Your Travels - I loved making this
card I really did, its just that little bit different.

 I used the Viva Decor Book Stencil - although I changed the size a little bit as I wanted a larger card.   The brackets and lock are from the stencil, and I have painted them over with Viva Decor Rusty in both Rust and Orange, and then enhanced them with Rusty Patina in Oxyd and Copper Rust.   These products are by far the best rust effects I have ever used.

The cover is a Tim Holtz embossing folder which I have coloured using Viva Decor Paper Soft Colour - they are a soft ink and you can achieve the most beautiful blending effects with them.
 You can see how the inside has a depth to it, which I totally loved.   The stamp is part of the Viva Decor Silicone Crown Lion and Wings set.  They stamped up a treat - which really pleased me because I am a rubbish stamper.
 Another view....
And finally - see how a kit kat fits in perfectly!  Although its not there now!!!

Thank you for popping by - and see you in a couple of days!

3 comments:

rachel said...

this is awesome! The kit kat was crying out to be eaten!!! Lol! Love it! Thanks for joining in the countryview challenges! good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel xx

Kris said...

That is indeed a card with a difference. Very pretty and interesting. I might just try out that Viva Decor Rusty too, looks really that it does what it says on the tin!!;) I would of nibbled that KitKat off too!!! Cheers, Kris

Neet said...

Only you could show us a KitKat inside your card - love your little humorous touches. That is a fab card Catherine and I am impressed by your information about the rusting - might just have to splash out on those products. If you recommend them I know they will be great.
Loadsa Love
Neet xx