Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Mixed Media Canvas - Party!


Ey Up!

Well the very final, last, end of, challenge over at Artful Times (sob)  and it is Party - I can understand why the lovely Neet and Wendy have decided to end it, its such hard work, and so soul destroying when only a few people enter.

I know that sometimes, I just havent had the time to enter - mainly due to various reasons (all extremely valid btw!) things like molecular research, pan pipe courses in the Andes, neurosurgery courses (which are very mentally draining), sitting on the Nobel Peace prize panel - just everyday stuff, and it just so gets in the way doesnt it?

However, here is my entry............


 I did some Fragmentology - which is "me thing" - I totally love this. The image is me on a night out last week, and I think its a look I am totally rocking, although I cannot remember any of it!  Showing a bit of side boob there - but my word arent I nice and pert, proper pointing forward and not south.
 First off I decided where to put the image, then drew around it.  Stuck on the ephemera and the paper doily.   Then gessoed it.
Then sprayed it gold and over inked it with spray inks, and then I 
dry brushed irridescent paint here and there.  Also put on some dimensional fabric paint.
Finally stuck on my image and the word celebrate.
Sounds all very simple - its not really!!  

Its on a small canvas, I am doing a few of these along with the tags and will show you a real neat way of using them in a bit.   So keep hold of them and keep on visiting.

See ya! and have a lovely week, also please please try and enter the final challenge at Artful Times.



4 comments:

WendyK said...

Love your canvas, full of colour, interest and texture. Also love your excuses for not entering our challenges very often. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times for our last challenge.

Craftyfield said...

Loved your write up, very funny! Your mixed media canvas has got lots of lovely dimensional things and I'm going to root out my old costume jewellery to see if I can exploit it in the same way you have.
A great entry for Artful Times last challenge, one has to try and finish on a high...

Neet said...

Oh Cathryn, how could I not visit your blog on a regular basis - both for your beautiful artwork and for your fabulous sense of humour. I am so glad I know you.
Love the canvas you have done, very much in the style of Finnabair, which I love, and with a little tease included - be sure I will be keeping a close eye on what you do as I cannot wait to see how you display these.
Thanks for joining us - in at the start and at the end! (plus between times of course)
Hugs, Neet xx

chrissie said...

The roject is amazing and the post so much fun I had to read it twice. You are so talented Cathryn

Love Chrissie xx