Sunday, 19 April 2015

Tattered and Torn - just how I feel!!


hej kompisar!

How lovely to speak Swedish!  Hey there how are you all? Well as the title suggests, not only am I entering the Artful Times Challenge "Tattered and Torn"  - but thats quite an apt description of how I feel!  Bally hell its been a tough old week and some I can tell you - but fingers crossed all is getting better.

And so...........onto the challenge.  Well it got the brain working, but time was limited - and as you know I really like to enter this challenge cos theres no one nicer than Miz Neet (apart from me).

I made a card using the Fornasetti image of Lina Cavalieri which I downloaded free from Dover - its such an iconic image and appears time and time again in many different disguises.  She was an opera singer and "the most beautiful woman in the world".


 The burgundy art paper was stuck onto some white card and then embossed with a TH embossing folder, then I sanded it back and distressed the edges with scissor blades.  Then inked here and there with blue and pink ink.  (Tattered part)

The strip running along the card was torn and then rolled over, and then the edges inked. (Torn part)
I cut a thin length of gold card just to add further interest, before I stuck the cut out picture on.

Because she was such a celebrated beauty I wanted to do something pretty and soft to her, so I added these flowers around her head.

The wording was done using a font called Before the Rain - its a favourite because its so elegant and delicious.

Craft Club is at Robs on Wednesday so I shall try and take some  pictures and post them here - you might like to take a peak as if you havent yet been to robs place its an Aladdin cave of mdf!

Ha en bra dag!


3 comments:

Suze Bain said...

I'm flattered that you used my face for your art! Guffaw! I have to say those flowers really are beautiful, a lovely card. Hope you are well! Xx

WendyK said...

Lovely card and embellishments. I had no idea whose face that is, so thank you for the information. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

Neet said...

Hols, from not so sunny Spain. Managed to find an Internet cafe so playing catch up now.
You are a mine of information, did not know about this face at all. Love the way you have used her and those flowers are gorgeous, perfect for framing her. Love the font, must look for that when I get home.
Great entry as always, thanks for the support. Love Neet xx