Wednesday, 8 April 2015

Artist Trading Post ATC


Ola amigos!

Today we are speaking Portuguese.

How are you - what about this fabulous weather! It really is beautiful and the sun has been shining all day today, me and "mi mate" had the most beautiful walk - it took us ages because we were enjoying the sunshine.

Today I have two things to show you, the first one is for Artist Trading Post Challenge which is "create an ATC inspired by a Trading Post" and what I think is excellent they have just said "let your imagination run wild" no specific products or techniques.  I really like that.

First of all I covered my ATC card with various collage elements and then using GLAZING Medium, Yellow Ochre and Turquoise acrylic paint, knocked the whole thing back.  Glazing medium opens up the paint (keeps it wet for longer) and also makes it transparent so its perfect for all faux finishes and general messing about!
The edges were distressed with walnut ink for calligraphy.
 The image was photocopied onto a canvas sheet, which I then distressed by fraying and also heating the edges.
 I put some Golden Gel Medium through a stencil and sprinkled on some embossing powder and allowed it to dry before heating it.  This gave it some more texture - I wanted this to represent the Turquoise stone found in Arizona.
The suede bits represent the skins traded and the chains handcuffs when things go wrong! ha! ha!

She is a gal and a half isnt she in the picture - proper scare merchant!

The second thing I did for another challenge but you have to do stamping and I didnt, but I am going to show it you anyway - its called "on the edge"



This has a lot of collage elements in it - lots of texture.  I drew the face using coloured pencils and I am very pleased with it.  She is living on the edge and the gold bits represent brain fry!! ha! ha!

Close up of the texture paste which you cannot really see in the main picture - you can however see my "lightbox" which is a plastic washing up bowl!  But hey it does the job for now!

Have a great week! 

Adeus!



5 comments:

Suze Bain said...

Wow, these are fab. Nice to see one of your faces again! And I love the image printed on canvas, reminds me of our school,show, Annie Get Your Gun! Xx

Sara Barker said...

Cathryn, you do such creative work! I love your ATC, and saw it over at ATP-perfect! Thank you for all your comments on my blog!

Anne Jagger said...

Your ATC is fabulous, love your techniques and the things you've included

Jamie said...

Super ATC, we love your take on the theme, thanks for entering the challenge at ATP exchange :)

Sara Barker said...

WooHoo, Cathryn! Congratulations on winning at ATP! Well done!