Monday, 5 January 2015

Evelyn - Indigo Blu Glamour and Glitz


Hello there!

I wanted to do another altered book and loved the idea of Indigo Blu Challenge "Glamour and Glitz" - and so Evelyn was born.

This challenge just screams out for the Flitter Glu and Mega Flakes doesnt it.   As before I used the Robsters book inserts but this time the one with the 4 apertures. 






It was done pretty much the same way as the previous post, but I did a lot more Fragmentology on this one.  

Here are the steps:-


 this time I didnt seperate all the pages - I kept the sown section together and glued it to the MDF insert.  Poked the holes through and filed it down to neaten the edges.
 this is the texture work, (I also did the edges as per the previous post so it looks like book pages).   The bits and bobs have been glued on and the collar of her dress has been put on as well (nappy liner coated in POWERTEX Transparent).  Visit Allison Turner to purchase online - she is excellent.
 When its dry seal it with gesso and spray it gold.  Next I painted on the Flitter Glu - I use it in the same way as size, I dont use that pad or scrub.  I also prefer to let it cure - then you dont get those horrible balls of flakes because the glue it too wet.  I used "Yorkshire Dales" flakes - but once on it needed knocking back as it was too much.  So I sprayed it with a selection of dark toned inks, and then added Suze Wienberg glitter flakes in black and it calmed it all down.

Final task is to make the spine of the book - once again a nappy liner coated in POWERTEX but I used IVORY.   Then added a layer of lace to finish it off - once again painted with POWERTEX in Transparent.

The Powertex is a really powerful resin - its totally fantastic and I am using it all the time - go buy some because you really will use this stuff, especially if you like working with Robs stuff.  

I am off now to link this up and then I am entering Neets challenge over at Artful Times - go on and visit and have a go!


indigoblublogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk

6 comments:

Julie Cassidy said...

Lovely and glamorous great colours xxx

florenceandfreddie said...

Wonderful project. Love everything about it. TFS info on powertex. Will go and hunt some down.
Hugs Florence xx

sheila 77 said...

Your techniques always knock my socks off. Great result, I'm sure it is absolutely stunning and tactile in real life, it looks very crunchy.

Nikki Killinger said...

Wow, so much work gone into this. Thank you for joining us in the Indigoblu challenge this month, good luck. xx

Sarah said...

Gorgeous project, thank you for taking part in the Indigoblu challenge this month, good luck x

Linda said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely stunning. I love all of the detail. Thanks for joining in with the IndigoBlu challenge ... good luck! Linda xx