Friday, 16 January 2015

Artist Trading Post - Fresh Beginnings!

Hello everyone!

Thought I would enter this challenge run by ATP Fresh Beginnings as it appealed to me.

Fresh Beginnings made me think of dieting and all those rubbish resolutions we make - and how figure obsessed we are.  Well I am not, but thats because I have a gorgeous figure!!! (laughing!)
Slim as a rake and with a bum as pert and cute as Bambi!!!! OK - yes its dropped, yes I more or less drag it on the floor - but what
the hell - in my mind I am fabulouso!

Here is my entry -



 BTW - that is not me in the swimsuit - its Miss Roofie!

I used texture paste through a mask depicting a ruler, (cos everything on it is to do with measurements etc). Then I added all the emphemera - numbers, buttons, zips (I made the flower zip), safety pins, coat hanger - all to do with clothes when we feel fat we cannot zip, fasten etc. 

Sprayed it with Gold  and then waxed it to add some depth.  Then stamped on a crackle glaze effect.

Finally I mounted the image which was from an old postcard from MiZ Roofs collection.

I am going to use it as a journal page cos its on heavy watercolour paper stock - and I am not one for pouring out all my angst onto paper, so journaling for me will be an expression within art of my inner feelings.........................(pardon?)

Toodle pip!


8 comments:

Sara Barker said...

Great journal page...just perfect for that theme! I'm envious of your perfect figure! Thanks for visiting my blog too, and read my comment for your last incredible post!

Karen Petitt said...

It is gorgeous! I wish I could create like that. I love collage art work but have no idea where to start or what to do. I too wish I had a figure like that lol. Thank you so much for the awesome comment on my blog too - believe me I am trying to be more positive about my creations Karen xx

Suze Bain said...

A fabby collage, doesn't she look full of joy, I imagine her skipping along the sands! Roll on summer! Xx

Ruth said...

Great collage effect, use of elements thanks so much for joining us at ATP exchange. Ruth x

Diane said...

Just delightful design and love the fun commentary.

Best of the New Year
Diane

Suman Pandit said...

You have got some amazing textures in there , loved reading your post and thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog !!

Suman Pandit said...

You have got some amazing textures in there , loved reading your post and thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog !!

toni said...

Fabulous! Love your thinking!! Your post made me smile. Great collage and layering on this gorgeous piece, thanks for joining us at the ATP Exchange x