Saturday, 24 January 2015

Artful Times Challenge TIME

Hola Amigos!

We have had a bit of snow and its been so cold - poor old Scotland and NI have really had it bad - I hope its a bit warmer now for you. I dont function very well when its cold - its Raynauds and its well painful, and since I have had my eye done the cold goes straight through it - nothing to stop it you see (no brain!)   

The ever lovely Neet has chose Time as the challenge over at Artful Times challenge blog - and its always such a lovely challenge blog to visit, so I do urge you to have a go.

The first piece I did was massively overworked - it is a very thin line between a good grunge piece and a heap of catmess!   I did too much and I KNEW I was doing too much - and bottom line was I knew I couldnt rescue it no matter what I did to it - so it went into the bin!

So then I just put together a nice card - I embossed a tag shaped card with the clock embossing folder, spray inked it and once it had dried just built up the layers using a Tim Holtz Die and a couple of dies from Once Upon a Stamp.  Then added some stamped clocks, tape and the bottle cap.



Can you see my new watermark........ well everyone else has one so i thought I am having one of them as well!

For anyone thinking of getting one I used Ashley from

For less than £5 I was sorted out with that fantastic watermark! Plus its dead easy to use - I dont have PHOTOSHOP, I downloaded something called PAINT.NET and its free and its proper fantastic!

Have a great week!



7 comments:

Suze Bain said...

You need to knit yourself a little eye cosy, in fact, a whole body cosy to keep that Reynauds at bay! I particularly love the colours you've used on your card and I can't believe you made anything so rubbish it had to go in the bin! Lol xx

WendyK said...

A lovely time card, with great colours. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

Neet said...

I would never have thought to use those colours when doing something on the theme "Time" as I always stick to the browns and greens but this looks Fantastic!
Love how you have built up your picture with those various shapes and the colours are so rich and work so well.
Am sure your first attempt was good - I cannot see you doing a bad piece at all.
Sorry this cold weather is having an effect on you - hope you are staying in nice and cosy.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times
Hugs, Neet xx

Craftyfield said...

Well done for keeping at it, this time there is just the right amount of "mess" and all these layers combine beautifully!

Sara Barker said...

Well, I hope you mean the recycle bin, because there's no such thing as trash in the art world. Dig it out for another day, I say!! Lovely card--love the time theme! And yes, I like your watermark--I don't have one, but then I'm a little behind on everything! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! Have a great day!

sheila 77 said...

Great (time)piece, quite minimalist in a complex way. Maybe I mean minimalist for you. I really like it with the clocks and heart and crown peeking out.

Craftychris said...

This is brilliant! I love all the layers. It's a shame your original one went in the bin, I bet it was fine! xxx