Thursday, 8 January 2015

Artful Times Challenge - Make 6 inchies out of your old Christmas Cards


Hello!

Hope you are all well and getting back into the swing of things.  I have bought a new camera - but I cant use it, because I cant understand it!!  Its got loads of buttons and knobs and a big black curtain you put over your head when taking the pictures.  Fortunately I can concertina it up and shove it "back of the settee"!!  

We have eaten too much - so its back to the gym and back to walking - which I love anyway.  Plus am back "wi me mates" which is even better!  Do you know, I have got a great family and great mates I really have.

So - Artful Times set a good challenge, make 6 inchies from your old christmas cards.  Well having received only 1 card (laughing!!! thats not true!) .............................come on have a go at this because Neets a brilliant brilliant mate and runs a great blog.

OK:-

Here is entry de moi........


 Its a card - a grungey card for a man.  The Best Wishes are off the tim holtz collage stickers book but the there is only the one little s - hence the capital S.  I shall lodge a complaint accordingly!
 I chose a shiney card - and then put those alcohol inks all over it, the ones where you put them on the square of felty stuff.   
 This is the same card cut up into inchies - The Robin is not there! Voila!
This is Watercolour card - I wet it well then I sprayed it with the inks, scattered thick embossing powder over it whilst it was still very wet - the Brasso splits the paint, but be very very mega mucho careful as it is rather flammable and stinko.

Well Carson was cleaning the silver and Mrs Patmore didnt mind!

Then I cut the bits and bobs out with a Paper Artsy die and assembled said card.  Can you see my 6 inchies? (no - I wont say anything!!)

Toodle pip!




5 comments:

Julia said...

Those inchies have completely changed! Love it.
Julia

WendyK said...

What a fabulous card, very creative, love it. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

sheila 77 said...

What an unusual challenge.
Love your card for a man with the grungy "Best Wishes", but not sure the robin is too pleased.
I always enjoy your fun posts.

Mrs A. said...

Totally fun card and I did eventually find the 6 inchies too and 3 S's. hugs Mrs A.

Neet said...

What are you like - I have missed your postings and your humour. This is once again a wonderful creation - you are so talented.
Thanks for joining us
Hugs, Neet xx