Sunday, 14 December 2014

Altered MDF Ribbon Holder - Clara and Ernest


Hello everyone!

Well the mojo has returned and I have been working on this altered project for quite a while - and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

The Robster does these fabulous RIBBON HOLDERS, but you can also use them for the washi tapes or whatever you want.  The little dowel rod comes out and you thread the spools onto it.

Well I thought they were brilliant, but I wanted to do something really Strangely Creative with them (natch!).   Also incorporating the POWERTEX (love it!).

I love it when they put the powertex  as part of an image and just knew I wanted to do that, and to also pull in some FRAGMENTOLOGY.

Here is the result - Clara and Ernest create ectoplasm









What I did like about this was that the Ribbon Holder comes in bits, and it does make it much easier to work with.   Both Clara and Ernest have been sealed with the Transparent POWERTEX as it gives them quite a good strong feel then, and it helps Clara to take the draping of the fabric, which again has been created with POWERTEX.

I love the way the Fragmentology fits with the draping as well.

I am off to do another one because I loved doing this one so much -
get hold of those ribbon holders because they really are fantastic!



2 comments:

sheila 77 said...

Hello, just popped in to see if you were back, and you were!
Clara and Ernest and their accoutrements are miles away from any art I do and therefore totally and utterly fascinating.
First of all, they look terrific in their little box, but they are also involved with Ribbon Holders, Powertex and Ectoplasm? I have to investigate these strange sounding mediums (possibly the right word in this case). The sides of the box are so exotic too, I would love to see them in Real Life.
Glad your mojo and you are back.

soapHOUSEmama said...

Such beautiful work! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)