Friday, 13 September 2013

Artful Times - Scrap Challenge


Hi there

Well the title sounds a bit like Harry Hill when he goes "fight"!.......but the challenge over at Artful Times is all to do with using scraps.

So - I am still way behind with stuff as you can imagine, but this has been on the go for a while now
and I thought I would share it with you.

It is an ART DOLL -


Now first of all my Blog Mate FLORENCE - House of Chairs kick started me onto this, although I have long been a follower of Art Dolls & Art Doll Quarterly and done various versions of these, so a HUGE MEGA THANK YOU to FLORENCE who deserves it.    A search of the internet (I was actually looking for tutors in the UK who would do a course that we (that's me and Roof) could go on) - and I found a tutorial -     Faery Art Doll Tutorial - my goodness this is an outstanding tutorial by one very talented crafter - I salute you!!!!!

So how does this fit in with scraps - well it is PAPER MACHIE, the hair is STRING - I have added some false eyelashes ....... veering away to make her more my own.  I have crafted some well good wire hands and stuff and will eventually dress her up.

Most of all I am really enjoying it and Art Dolls are going to be massive -

Take care everyone and thank you for looking!



6 comments:

Buttons said...

Love this not least because it features those dramatic eyes last seen on your beautiful paintings. Glad to see your mojo has been given a real shot in the arm with this. Hugs, Jenny x

Suze Bain said...

She's going to look fab Cathryn, her eyes are awesome, however her ears do remind me of Plug from The Bashstreet Kids! Xx

Sandra's Spot said...

Wow she is brilliant Cathryn I just love her eyes. Great concept. Hugs Sandra X

Von said...

She is going to be a little heart breaker with those lashes Cathryn :) can't wait to see her finished :)
Von ♥

chrissies said...

This is amazing Cathryn and thank you for the link to the tutorial-can't wait to have a go :)

Love Chrissie x

Diane Barker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.