Saturday, 22 June 2013

Artful Times - White on White



So that was the challenge over at Artful Times - well I am the scruffiest crafter ever, so it
was a massive challenge for me just to keep the card clean!

I am more of a grungy crafter to be honest with you - plus a bit weird and strange, but I
came up with this

Its quite sweet really isnt it - I think you could send it as a Wedding Card no problems.  The die
is a Sizzix die and its the first time I have used it.  My plan was to gather many different white
textures and work within that, but when it came down to it I only used a few of them - a self embellished card, lace and the little pearls.  I think i did a CAS (clean and simple) card! YEAH!


Has to go right into the centre of Derby today to the old Hospital on London Road - I hate
not knowing where I am going, or which lane I should be in.   Weaving in and out, part the
way in the bus lane!! (laughing!).   The bloody indicator was on and off like a fiddlers elbow
- Mum was riding shotgun and she was giving it the evil eyes to anyone who dare pip me.

Someone once told me that she had a hire car and was driving on the motorway and the
steering wheel came off in her hand - I dont know if she was joking, (cos I do believe everything
anyone tells me!) - but thats always stuck in my mind!   I said "what did you do" and she said
she just stuck it back in and carried on?????


8 comments:

Von said...

Hello Cathryn :) so pleased your are with Artful Times and love your CAS white on white :)
Von ♥
Yeah finally worked out how to follow you

Buttons said...

Love this to bits Cathryn. That Sizzix die is beautiful and you've used it to such great effect here.

Like you I hate driving in Derby - so many lanes, too many choices, and way too many one way systems for my liking. Glad you escaped in one piece with your 'scary mum'!

Hugs, Jenny x

sheila 77 said...

Great whitework, Cathryn. How difficult it must be to make something entirely white, a challenge indeed.

Neet said...

Thanks for joining us with samples at Artful Timers and thank you for starting off with such a beautiful card. Sorry it was not grunge for your initial outing!

Love the description of your drive - and can just see your mum riding shotgun. Give her my love.
Hugs and Thans
Neet xx

Suze Bain said...

Hi Cathryn, well I've just been catching up on all your recent posts and you've cheered me up no end with your fabulous creations and your humorous ramblings - I mean that in a nice way! Now, is that really you on the Decoart blog, cause you look SO young! Big congrats on being featured. Keep smiling! Xx

Wandering Star said...

My weird and wonderful friend, the card is lovely. Ceebee xx

Gibby Frogett said...

ooh I'm glad I don't drive LOL.
Loved your card, didn't realise how good white only could be until I tried it. Wondering if it could be grunged up after too as I love grunge as well...happy crafting.. Gill x

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your card, very elegant, and I know all about being very challenged to keep something clean and free of inky fingerprints! That car journey sounds MOST enticing! Congrats on surviving! Valerie