Saturday, 25 May 2013

T!m Holtz 12 tags of 13 - MAY

Hello everyone!

Bit late with this one - and to be fair, once again T!m uses lots of products which I have but not in Ranger branding - so I have been rather creative again. ((((sorry T!m))))

So for the May Challenge over at T!ms blog - look carefully and you can see the number 5 which obviously represents the month of May on my tag.


I used those ticket things T!m did with the words on them - first of all I glued (PVA) the tickets onto the card ensuring that I gave the top of the tickets a coat (very rough) with the glue.   This would give me a nice protective layer between the stain and the ticket.

Once dry I used distress stains all over the tag - this in turn didnt completely obliterate the tickets due to the glue layer.   Everything is still very visable.   Then  I placed a mask over the tag and pressed a cosmetic sponge onto the head of the distress stain to give a very light "stencil" effect with the mask.



I then glued on the main items which are the squares (creative individuals backgrounds and stamps glued onto cut to fit greyboard and stamped with words, the edges have been embossed)  - then
added texture paste through a mask for further interest and finally all my usual bits and bobs (old jewellery, pins, screws, inside of watches etc).

Have a great weekend and thank you for looking!



5 comments:

Buttons said...

I love that you always do a totally different spin on Tim's tags Cathryn. Love the detail on this one. Hugs, Jenny x

sheila 77 said...

What a beautiful coloured tag with the pinks and greens and all the lovely details, I like it very much.

sheila 77 said...

What a beautiful coloured tag with the pinks and greens and all the lovely details, I like it very much.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, that's a wonderful take on Tim's tag.

WaldfrauAlexa said...

this is just wonderful !!! very very nice