Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Painting Pets and Moe Sheir

Before I had my eye done - I used to paint pets from photographs.  It is not an easy choice to paint animals as the fur has so many underlayers, and it can be difficult to "capture" the animal -
particularly if they are much loved pets.

Here are a few of mine -






Now - I learnt fur from a number of different artists, and as always maintain that- art comes from within.
BUT there is an artist coming to the UK who is the most fabulous animal artist and she is running workshops - her name is MAUREEN "MOE" SHIER.

She will be teaching 2 projects at COUNTRY LOVE CRAFTS and the workshops are sponsored by
UK Decorative Painters so you must book through them by emailing ukdec.painters@yahoo.co.uk

The dates are 12th, 13th and 14th July - unfortunately I cannot show you pictures of the projects but
email Margaret at ukdp (above) and she will send you the booking forms through.

If you are looking for a creative outlet - then I strongly urge you to go on this workshop.

I have edited this post - arent my postings becoming a tad formal!   I shall have to get back to being
me normal self!  



4 comments:

Buttons said...

Don't even know where to start with how good these are Cathryn. So impressed with your artwork. Hugs, Jenny x

Wandering Star said...

Cathryn yes get back to being your normal !!! self. Life would be so boring if you were to get proper formal. love you lots. CeeBee

Wandering Star said...

Cathryn yes get back to being your normal !!! self. Life would be so boring if you were to get proper formal. love you lots. CeeBee

Neet said...

oh Cathryn, what talent. I keep saying this time and time again but I don't know what else to say. You are one of a kind - so talented and so lovely with it.
You know how I enjoy the smiles I get with your posts but as what stance you take I will always enjoy your blog. Your artwork is so amazing.
Hugs, Neet xx