Sunday, 19 May 2013

Eyes - another Hatters Challenge


Oh whats that big scareball in the sky!  All round and shiney and nice - its the SUN! and it SHINES!
Today has been glorious - so this (today) must be our summer in the UK!

So - the Hatters Challenge is Eyes - I LOVE painting eyes, and every so often I paint up a batch of these.........

Jute bags!    They are so easy to paint up and they are great as gifts and whatnots, I always use
Decoart americana acrylics because I know that it will go on nicely and once it has "cured" then it stays on.  I dont use any fabric mediums or paints - just plain acrylics, and paint them on freehand.

Thought it would be a little different to enter for the challenge!

Thank you for looking - enjoy the sunshine - keep visiting cos June 1st approaches and you will be able to find out a little more about me! (hmmmmmmmm?.......)




9 comments:

Janet said...

Oh Cathryn your bags are stunning, the eyes are fab. so what are you going to do June 1st, I'll be back to find out LOL
Thanks for joining us at OOAH
Janet x

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
baileyrosy.com said...

The eyes definitely have it !!!! Your talents are boundless my dear. Remember that gorgeous box that you so kindly sent me well every time someone comes into my craft room they are drawn straight too it and they all comment on the eyes. I of course lie and say I made it whats a girl to do ( only kidding ) These bags are amazing beautifully painted.

Marie

Suze Bain said...

I am in awe of your talent Cathryn, these are just fab! Have a great week. Xx

chrissies said...

Amazing paintings on the bags Cathryn and great to have you join in at the Hatters this week I am away on holiday and writing this in a pub. Hic!

Love Chrissie xx

Sandra's Spot said...

Wow Cathryn those lovely little ladies on your bags are sooooo pretty with gorgeous eyes and fun to. Thanks for joining us at OOAH. Hugs Sandra X

Kelly Neis said...

I do not do eyes well, so I adore yours and those long lashes. Great blog and I love your creative style.
Hugs Kelly

Buttons said...

And here's where you shine. You are an amazing artist and these would get anyone noticed in all the right ways. Superb. Hugs, Jenny x

Neet said...

Fabulous! I love your SB type paintings.
Hugs, Neet xx