Tuesday, 14 May 2013
Artful Times Challenge - Blooming Marvellous
I wanted to get back into the challenges a bit - and felt inspired by the Artful Times Blooming Marvellous Challenge to get out my paintbrushes.
So I inked up a little canvas, then stamped some white tissue paper with Stazon in Ultramarine. When the canvas was dry I used JW White Lightening to adhere it to the canvas. Now White Lightening is a great art product and I used that rather than my fabbo Multi Purpose Sealer because
I wanted to "knock back" the inked canvas a little bit, and White Lightening will do that. You can use White Gesso as well, but I wanted a lighter feel to this and the Gesso can sometimes be rather heavy and a little more opaque.
Once that was all dried off I painted the design in freehand, just blocked it all it to see where I was. Then added Decoart Traditions Texture Paste which dries clear, to both the Lilac flower and the leaves. I put it on quite liberally on the flower, but painted it onto the leaves.
Then I used the following - Decoart Americana Acrylics in Wild Orchid, Lilac, Titanium Snow White, Forest Green, Shale Green and Dioxine Purple + some Glazing Medium, to paint the whole
design in properly.
In my defence it was done quite quickly and I would have liked to have spent a little more time on it -
but I am working on a bit of a new venture which is taking a fair bit of time.
After that I glued on the edging and the little butterfly.
Thankyou for looking - and go over and take a look at the Artful Times blog cos its such a lovely place to visit!