Thursday, 25 April 2013

MDFMans first workshop......

and my goodness me he played a total blinder!  Rob put on a wonderful workshop, everyone came away having had the most fabulous time.

The room looked lovely - and here are some photos cos I know you like to have a little looky round -
it is actually the Craft Club which I started tons of years ago and we still meet each month, so they
were the perfect practice session for the Robster.

We had  4 tables of 6 people - the workshop room works very well indeed.  Very airy,
warm, enough room to get around and the lighting was good.


Look how well the team (Rob, Ali and Tim) have set out the tables.  They didnt stop like that for long!  Once they all got at them it was mental!


Gluing the paper...(and the green boards, tables, skirt and blouse)

Working hard - and because the MDF is all around ready for purchase, as you work the project you
are constantly thinking "oh I can do it on that as well..." so it does get the creative juices flowing.


You can see Ali in the forground (Mrs Robster!) who did the best job ever with the Tea/Coffee
biscuits and cakes.

Tim played a total blinder and was on the go all night long.

Then of course the Robster who never stopped - and gave everyone a "party bag" full of mdf shapes at the end of a fantastic evening.


At the moment I am working on a "cog box" and its quite removed from what I normally do in that I am using something new!   So keep tuned - its at the final stages now - lots of bits and bobs but the
main focus.......well you will have to keep checking back!

Also very soon 3 large artworks will be displayed "Clock of the Long Dark Night" which is an altered MDF book like you have never seen before, "I will find you" and mixed media piece and "Lace and Lavinia" which is a frame.   If all goes to plan they will be up June 1st along with "Mrs Revells Steampunk Fur Coat" which will be a step by step free project (on another site!)

Have a lovely day and thank you for visiting!  (very formal for me isnt it!)


5 comments:

Suze Bain said...

Lordy, that must've been such a fabulous crafty day. And what a fabulous warehouse, I was trying to nosey further up the aisles to see what all there was! Looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations. Xx

Buttons said...

That looks amazing fun. I need to know if you are doing a repeat performance!
Can't wait to see these projects - intriguing and tantalising indeed...
Huge hugs, Jenny x (not so formal:)

Dawn Macfie said...

Thank you all so much for organising a lovely craft evening. I really enjoyed doing something different and great to come away with a finished project.
I have used the MDFMan for projects I have done in the past and they have always come out great because the quality and finish is so good. Many thanks again, Dawn x

Dawn Macfie said...

Thank you all so much for organising a lovely craft evening. I really enjoyed doing something different and great to come away with a finished project.
I have used the MDFMan for projects I have done in the past and they have always come out great because the quality and finish is so good. Many thanks again, Dawn x

Jo said...

Had an absolutely fabulous evening. Thank you Rob for hosting it and thank you to cathryn for organising it.