Thursday, 7 March 2013

Tim Holtz - March Tags

Hello and thank you for visiting me!

Here is my Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 March entry -

On every shot I have managed to get my camera strap in it!!  So ignore that please!

I cut out my tag and then painted it very loosely with DecoArt Traditions Phthalo Green-Blue
and Indian Yellow and then whilst it was still wet spritzed quite liberally with water so that the
paint ran.

Once dry I edged the card with Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Forest Moss.   The Calender was taken
from Tim Holtz Salvage Stickers "Lost & Found" and the tape measure from "Crowded Attic".

I cut out an egg from some scrapbook paper and then cut it so it looked as though it had cracked
open - and then covered the egg with "Ranger Crackle Accents" to make it shine and give it
more focus.

The tiny flowers were fingerpainted with DecoArt colours, and then I glued on lace which complemented all the colours in the tag.

The wreath is cut using "Tim Holtz alterations Regal Crest die" and its cut from Tim Holtz
Destinations paper.  I lightly coloured this using the Forest Moss again so that it all linked
together.

The lock is from  "Wendy Vecchi" art parts and the key is from "Tando".

Finally I glued on the broken jewellery which in this case signifies all the jewels of Spring -
breaking from the egg of winter!

Bye!



9 comments:

die amelie said...

What a lovely creation! Really love your interpretation of the march-tag! The painted egg looks fantastic and the colour combo is awesome!

Thanks for your kind comment! ;)

Greetings from Vienna,

die amelie x

Suze Bain said...

It's lovely to come visit you Cathryn! Your jewelled egg is just fabulous and those teeny tiny flowers and lovely flowery ribbon bits! (I take it you enjoy doing fiddly bits!). Gorgeous! Xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, cool take on the March tag. Love the egg and imagery of the Spring jewels breaking from the egg of winter.








Buttons said...

Love that broken egg and the rainbow of flowers Cathryn. Superbly designed and put together as always. Hugs, Jenny x

Neet said...

More fabulous work! This really is a beautiful tag, so much work and so much thinking behind it.
Love everything about it, the odour, the composition - everything.
Uber talent!

Hus, Neet xx

Paulo Gonçalves said...

Hello,
I visited your blog.
Congratulations for your work!! An interesting and nice blog!!
Good luck with your blog!
Greetings from Algarve, Portugal
Paulo Gonçalves

I invite you to visit my blog
http://viajaredescobrir.blogspot.com

Izzwizz said...

I adore the colours on your tag, they are just beautiful, especially all those flowers. Maddy x

Cathy Michels said...

Love your tag and all of the imagery! I like that you included the calendar and the egg looks so real. Beautiful job!
Would love to have you stop by my blog for a visit. www.creatinginacottage.com

Winnie said...

Soooo pretty! Love how you spilled out the florals out of that great egg. Such a lovely vintage look. Happy Easter!