Monday, 11 February 2013

A use for those tags.....

Well good morning - hope you are in fine fettle!  The snow has returned this morning - but it
will soon be Spring.  Must be an "age thing" cos, I dont know, I HATE cold weather, does my
head in.

We all make such luscious tags - and some of them are too intricate, or too nice to put on a card or
put away - so why not make some tag notebooks.   They make nice gifts and if you sell your
work they always do well.  I varnish mine with a spray varnish and then go over them again with
a thick water based brush on decoupage varnish.   Also I use PVA Wood Glue to stick on - the
one from Wilkinsons - its sticks metal and allsorts and dries nice and clear.  The ribbons just give
that different touch.



Now this next one is the latest thing - it is a Wendy Vecchi art thing - they are a cross
between MDF and chipboard and are great to use.  I did this for the Hatters but had read
the challenge wrong and it should have been an ATC!
After I stuck the collage bits and bobs on I covered it with resin - its great stuff and sets so
clear and shiney - didnt have a scrap of a problem with it.  I used Envirotex - very easy to use
and highly recommend it.
Then dressed it up with the broken jewellery and a flattened bottle top - the eye is from
Once Upon a Stamp artcaps line.

We went to look at the cutting machine again (see previous post) but it didnt find its
way into our shopping basket.
However - Miz Roof and I did buy up a storm at our other favourite craft shop - and also at our
other "hunting ground" which is an antique place.  It is an Aladdins Cave of stuff -
and we found some fantastic old adverts which I am going to use in my
mixed media thing (see previous post).

You know how you just need one little thing to trigger off a whole range of ideas
well the adverts were that one little thing - and I will be using them in a really
different way, which I think you will possibly want to try.

I had a lovely birthday last week - Miz Roof bought me loads of stuff and Miz Diane and the
Holy See bought me a wonderful cog die and I have also ordered that Rosette die
that I have been umming and ahhing over for a while.   Another friend CeeBee bought
me luxury tea for two at Beauvale Priory - I mean how fab is that!  That was an ace gift
and so unusual.

Miz Diane and I went walking on Wednesday - bloody hell it was treacherous - I went
all my length and she was doubled up in laughter.  Then about 30 seconds later down
she went - and yes I laughed!    On the way back we pass a pub thats being
renovated and we always look through the windows to see how its going on - you know how you
press your face right to the window and cup your hands either side of your head - well we did that
and unbeknown to us, its actually now a house and this man was sitting eating his dinner
looking back at us!!!



2 comments:

florenceandfreddie said...

Helloooooo! Wonderful makes Cathryn. Happy Belated Birthday to you. Sounds like you having been having too much fun as usual. That poor guy!! You are so nosy! LOL!
Take care,
Florence x
p.s. Still giggling.

Neet said...

Cathryn, you can turn your hand to anything and I really think you should be writing books. You have that knack to brighten up a dull day with your chatter on your blog. Just imagining you two with your faces up to this guy's window! You are a case and I love you.
Now your artwork - you do the most fabulous stuff. These pieces remind me so much of Finnabair's work. You should be holding workshops, you are so talented.
Have neglected blogging lately so am going off to look at some blogging I have missed.
Take care and keep writing.
Hugs, Neet xxx