Sunday, 2 December 2012

Return of the MOUSETRAP!!

Yahoo!  You know I have been itching to do this one - and I gave one to Miz Roof as well so I now have two entries!  the HATTERS set the challenge - Go visit and most importantly HAVE A GO!!
In fact visit the other challenge sites as well - CAS and Artful Times just click on the links down the right hand side of the blog.    Dont worry if you think you arent good enough - my entry to CAS was CARP!!!  But at least I entered!

Craft Class were like (eh how do you alter a mousetrap?) but when I showed them Roofs they were like "blimey" and we have set them the same challenge - but they have until class resumes in February to do theirs.

So here is Roofs - isnt it the most divine thing ever!  I love this - the thought behind it is fantastico!


She has propped up the trap itself and then wedged a Wendy Vecchi art bit shaped like a pocket watch - well take a look yourself......





This is mine which I can tell you a little bit more about - but the photos are mixed up.

Someone bought me an old  1950s clock from a car boot and I then stripped it all down with the intention of using everything for my various artworks.

The banana made me the hanger and I like them so much he is making me some more.  Everything is attached to one of the old clock plates.  

 The mousetrap and flowers were all coloured with a combination of the Distress Stains and the inks.

Close up of the project and you can see that I have stamped various words on the mousetrap.  The images have been glued onto those ceramic stamping surfaces and several coats of decoupage varnish applied.  The images are Fornasetti which I love

 Just underneath the flower on the left hand side you can see a little collage which I poured UTEE over from the meltpot.  Roof and I went on this course at Artist Trading Post - its now Creative Journey Workshops and she (Anneliese Bates) showed us all this, but years ago when Helen was alive, she bought over her friend Suze Weinberg who was actually launching the meltpot in the UK and I trained with her, but forgot most of it ((((shame))))


At the moment I am LOVING Anna Dabrowska and notice she is coming to teach in the UK so am saving my pennies!!!  WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




6 comments:

chrissies said...

I am speechless Cathryn. These are all amazing. I never would have thought of any of those ideas ever Wonderful that you joined in with us this week at the Hatters and shared these wonders with us.

Love Chrissie xxxx

Buttons said...

So you and Roof take your mousetraps to another level eh?! How creative have you two got! They are so clever - love Roof's idea of what looks a little like a flying machine, and your timekeeping hanging is amazing. No wonder you want another.
So get your enthusiasm for Anna too. Her style is unique (and becoming much copied) and to be taught by her would be a dream. Hugs, Buttons x

Von said...

OMG they are just out of this world Cathryn :)
Von ♥

Sandra's Spot said...

OMGosh both Magnificent Cathryn. Thanks for joining in with us at OOAH. Hugs SAndra XXX

Neet said...

See you on Finnabair's workshop (I hope).
Now to your work - just amazing! Love it, and wish I had a banana like yours who could make things like this for me. Love Roofs work too - both of them are truly wonderful.
Hugs, Neet xx

Janet said...

WOW !!! Cathryn your mouse traps are fantastic.
Thank you for joining us at Out of a Hat
Janet x