Friday, 12 October 2012

Altered Clock - completed!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can ya tell I am DELIGHTED with the finished clock - LOVE IT!

The pictures could be a bit better - but I was excited!

So here it is hanging on the shed door -



 Everything was arranged and then glued donw with PVA Glue.   Once that was dried I went back and re-inforced the inking and also added TREASURE GOLD, over that I brushed irridescant Mica Powders (blue and pink tints).   The powder adhered to the treasure gold and then the whole lot was sprayed with clear varnish.
Then I added tiny diamantes from an old necklace that La Diva had given me.
 You cannot really see them but in the light they twinkle beautifully.
 Finally the cogs were arranged at the bottom and tacked to the back of the clock using half inch pin tacks, and a combination of wood glue.

The centre cog holds the clock parts and that has been attached by stapling VELCO to the clock and the cog itself so it can be easily removed to change the batteries.

It look glorious - and fingers crossed if the robster likes it, then it should go on display at the NEC in November.

Now to begin the spooky clock with wings - and I have acquired the most fantastic 1950s mantle clock which I am going to take to bits and incorporate into the spooky clock which has WINGS - so if you bought those wings from Harrogate and are still a bit unsure on how to use them.....keep visiting!

Cheerio!


7 comments:

Wandering Star said...

Oh Cathryn It's so beauuuuutiful.
Christmas is coming and
the goose is getting fat !!!!!!!!!!
Fight whoever for it
CeeBee xxx

Suze Bain said...

Stunning Cathryn! The colours and images are just gorgeous. xx

Buttons said...

Luuuuurve it Cathryn. Had the privilege of seeing some completed pieces at the stand yesterday at Kettering. IRL they are even better, if that were possible. You are a genius. Hugs, Buttons x

Aquarius said...

I was sent here by Florence - this clock is brilliant and such lovely colours

butterfly said...

Gorgeous clock: a wonderful use of fabulous papers. I've also followed Florence's lead, although I think I was here just the other day, for some reason. Going to have a browse around to track down what I saw!!
Alison x

Gio said...

Simply gorgeous!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Stunning indeed!