Friday, 15 June 2012

Out of a hat creations - buttons

Another one!   So this one is a nod to Fornasetti (think I have spelt that correctly) - I did enjoy doing this very much and I think I will take this further.

I am now painting on book text - I like it when the words show through, I think thats abit different. Plus I like just the eyes showing.   Also - my friend gave me this big box of old buttons, and rummaging round in the box today to complete this I found a florin!   1942 florin - isnt that good I was quite like..oh! when that popped up.

This is for Out of the Hat Creations - Buttons.    i wanted the buttons to look like an exotic headress and there were loads of really different buttons in this box - they were really lovely.  The surface is a really nice pastel box - lovely quality and nice and strong.



In between the buttons I have put dimensional stuff which sparkles - you can just see it.

Bye!





13 comments:

chrissies said...

This is just stunning Cathryn, your imagination knows no bounds and we are so happy to have you join us at Out of A Hat Creations again this week. What a wonderful way to use some of your gorgeous buttons.

Love Chrissie xxx

Suze Bain said...

Wow! What can I say, this is stunning! xx

Buttons said...

Just love this (I wonder why?!) Those eyes are to die for - so 1920/30's starlet. Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

florenceandfreddie said...

Hi Cathryn. Fabulous idea using the buttons as a head dress. Reminds me of Mata Hari or posh Mavis from Butlins- Miss Happy Swimmer 1954!lol! Only joking. Stunning work. Have a great weekend.
Regards Florence xx

Ann B said...

Just read what 'Buttons' said and it is exactly what I was thinking about the style of the face, definitely 1920s style.
Love the piece and your blog is very funny.

Thanks for visiting me and for your very kind and welcome comments on my vintage pages - much appreciated.

Ann B
x

baileyrosy said...

Hi there, so glad you can finally comment on my blog ... I think !!!!!! Another stunner from you missus those eyes are incredible such beauty such depth , I am mesmerized by them . The buttons are fabulous as is the sparkly dimensional " stuff " I trust this is a technical term . I fairly swooned when I saw this ! Cathryn do you sell your work ? You should I would defo buy it. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Marie

Von said...

Sensational Cathryn !

Sandra's Spot said...

WOW Cathryn its stunning, those eyes and that button head dress fabulous. Thanks for joining in with Out of A Hat again this week. Hugs Sandra XXX

Crafty Max said...

This is just beautiful love everything about it x Max x

Janet said...

Hi Cathryn
WOW !!! I love your art work & to add the buttons is brilliant.
Thanks for joining us at Out of a Hat
Janet x

Rita said...

Absolutely Fantastic. Hugs Rita xx

Julia S-W said...

A fantastic piece of art - no other words needed other than I love it!!
Juliaxx

Neet said...

Cathryn you know I am a fan of your art - love the way you do faces - and this is absolutely the most fabulous creation - love it!
What an inspired interpretation of the theme - you have to be over the moon with this yourself.
Lovely.
Hugs, Neet xx